Farmer and Market Outreach Coordinator (West Region)
Certified AWA is seeking a West Region Farmer and Market Outreach Coordinator.
This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits located remotely in a home-based office within the region. AWA’s West Region includes the following U.S. states and Canadian provinces: AB, AK, BC, AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, MT, NM, NV, OR, SK, UT, WA and WY.
Job Description: The Farmer and Market Outreach Coordinator is responsible for recruiting and supporting AWA farmers and building awareness of the benefits of AWA within the farming community and in the marketplace. As a member of the four-region outreach team covering the United States and Canada, the West Region FMOC reports to the Director of Communications and Outreach. Key responsibilities and requirements include:
- Initiate and follow up on individual farmer contact and maintain records of potential farmers, using a variety of lists and sources as leads, as well as contacts made at events.
- Attend conferences, extension meetings, producer group meetings, farmers’ markets, and workshops to recruit farmers and promote the program. Coordinate advertising, travel, materials, presentations and expenses associated with such events. Contribute to the maintenance of pre- and post-conference evaluation data.
- Serve as first point of contact for farmers and communicate the purpose and benefits of AWA certification.
- Disseminate information about AWA services to certified farmers and those interested in the program.
General Marketing and Outreach
- Serve as regional contact for AWA farms, consumers, and retailers, and deliver AWA marketing support services.
- Develop content for social media, blogs, press releases, website, newsletters, etc.
- Draft farm profiles and press releases for certified farmers.
- Keep informed on the food and agriculture industry within assigned region and communicate items of interest to AWA management as appropriate.
- Organize consumer-facing events and workshops to promote AWA in the marketplace, as needed.
- Act in accordance with the policies and procedures of the AWA program at all times.
- Other tasks required to facilitate the growth and promotion of the program.
- Proven ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- At least two years’ experience in agriculture or food-related field (or other relevant experience).
- Strong written and verbal communications skills. Comfortable engaging new contacts both in person and by phone or email.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize tasks, and deliver assignments on time with attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of social media, including Facebook and Twitter. Website experience a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Basic experience with WordPress, Adobe and contact management desirable.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time, make frequent day trips to major cities, and attend weekend and evening events as needed.
How to Apply
• Send cover letter, resume, salary history and current salary requirements to info@AnimalWelfareApproved.org. Please describe your ability to travel and work weekends and your experience in the West Region.
• Please also submit a 300-word statement answering the question: How does AWA certification benefit farmers, consumers and the environment?
• Note: this position is being re-posted; previous applicants need not apply. The position will remain open until filled.