Animal Welfare Approved (AWA) seeks a Program Assistant to manage the AWA office headquarters in Alexandria, VA. This is a full-time position located in Alexandria, VA.
• Keep track of all program promotional material inventory; order as needed
• Put together and ship all packages to farmers, staff and volunteers
• Manage AWA egg carton sales department, including inventory, packing, payments and shipping
• Update database and website content
• May be called upon to manage internship program
• Manage AWA’s headquarter office including handling office needs, UPS shipping services, and directing incoming and outgoing mail
• Serve as point of contact for AWA by phone, in person, and by email. Must represent AWA with courtesy and professionalism and must make customer service a priority.
• Review and submit staff expense reports and invoicing
• Handle other administrative needs as necessary (mailings, conference registrations, membership renewals, etc.) for off-site staff
• At least two years of administrative office experience required
• Must be able to work independently and be a motivated, enthusiastic team player
• Must be detail-oriented with very strong organizational skills and ability to think outside the box
• Must have excellent customer service skills and be comfortable on the phone
• Must be delivery focused and result-oriented
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite required (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Experience with QuickBooks a plus
• Must be capable of lifting 40+ pounds on a regular basis
Location: 1007 Queen Street, Alexandria, VA 22314. Free parking. Metro Accessible: Braddock Road or King Street on the yellow line.
Reports to: Program Coordinator
Key relationships: Program Director, Lead Farmer and Market Outreach Coordinator, Regional Farmer and Market Outreach Coordinators
How to Apply
• Send cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and three references to: info@AnimalWelfareApproved.org. Please list “Program Assistant” in the email subject line.
• Deadline for applications is September 5, 2014 with a preferred starting date of October 1, 2014.